Which Reckon Point of Sale is Right for You
This page is to help you choose the version of the Reckon Point of Sale version is right for your business.
Reckon Point of Sale Lite
POS Lite will suit the vast majority of retail clients.
Exceptions to this are:
- if you want to run a loyalty program, you will need POS Pro.
- If you want to run promotions (putting an item on sale for a defined period), you will need POS Pro.
- If you want to have layer touch screens, you will need POS Pro
- if you are running a cafe/restaurant, POS Pro has a number of specialised features.
- if you run more than 4-5 terminals at the one site, POS Enterprise may be of benefit.
- if you have multiple locations, but want to connect to the one QuickBooks database, then POS Online may be your solution.
Reckon Point of Sale Pro
Pos Pro has all the bells and whistles, but there are a number of features that are specifically designed to make it suitable for Hospitality, Hair/Beauty/Nails, Health/Massage, etc:
- Appointment Manager
- Customer Waitlist Manager
- SMS Alert Capability
- Versatile Graphical Table Manager
- Kitchen Printing
Reckon Point of Sale Enterprise
POS Enterprise has a Microsoft SQL database (Pro & Lite are based on Microsoft Access), so it is generally recommended for sites that have multiple busy terminals, as the database is more robust and capable of handling larger amounts of data simultaneously.
Reckon Point of Sale Online
POS Online is a hosted version of POS Enterprise that is designed to work with QuickBooks Hosted. If you have multiple outlets, but want to run them out of a single QuickBooks file, then this is your solution
Point of Sale Hardware
The POS Starter Kits are exceptional value for money, and should always be considered. Details of Hardware can be found by clicking here